FAANS represents the interests of its members with the Florida Legislature, the Florida Governor's Office and Florida State Agencies. It ensures that Florida's nonpublic schools are represented in all issues that impact or potentially could impact their welfare and their services to students.
FAANS Legislative Services include:
- Monitor potential bills that may impact its membership.
- Provide information on legislative issues.
- Maintain regular dialogue with the Offices of the Florida House and Senate, the Florida Department of Education, the Department of Children and Families, the Agency for Workforce Innovation and the Florida High School Athletic Association.
- Work closely with the Office for Independent Education and Parental Choice within the Florida Department of Education.
- Provide members for various Legislative appointed committees, committees formed by the various State agencies, and to various committees of the Florida High School Athletic Association.
FAANS is included in Florida State statutes to provide standards for its member organizations to participate in Florida's Gold Seal Program and the Florida Voluntary Pre-kindergarten Program (VPK). These standards are developed in close affiliation with the National Council for Private School Accreditation (NCPSA).