Membership in FAANS is available to organizations of nonpublic schools in Florida which, in addition to submitting the required application and supporting materials, must comply with the following:
A. The representative of the interested organization contacts the FAANS President who invites the representative to attend FAANS meetings as a guest. The representative is informed that time will be set aside in the next FAANS meeting for the representative to introduce the organization to FAANS members.
B. The FAANS Secretary sends to the representative of the interested organization the current FAANS POLICY MANUAL.
C. The representative is informed of the process for recognition as a FAANS MEMBER, which is as follows:
1. A representative of the applying association or organization must meet with the FAANS Membership and Standards Committee at all scheduled FAANS meetings during their first year of interest in FAANS membership.
2. During the second and third years, additional interviews with the Membership and Standards Committee, as well as with the Executive Committee, may be scheduled as needed.
3. The applying association or organization must give evidence of existence as a Florida-based nonpublic school organization for a minimum period of two (2) years. The officers and/or representative of the organization must reside in Florida.
4. The applying association or organization must submit a list of the organization’s member schools. A minimum of ten (10) Florida nonpublic schools is required for FAANS membership.
5. A copy of the policies which govern the operation of the association or organization must be submitted to the Membership and Standards Committee.
6. Minutes of all meetings of the association or organization from the immediate past school year must be provided to the Membership and Standards Committee.
7. A representative of the applying association or organization must attend FAANS meetings for three (3) consecutive school years as an observer.
8. Following the interviews with the FAANS Membership and Standards Committee, the Committee will make a recommendation to the FAANS Board of Directors about whether or not to extend an application to the interested association or organization. FAANS members may vote to extend an application at that time, or to request more information before extending an application.
9. If members vote to extend the application, the interested association or organization will be given an application and be required to submit it, together with a $200 non-refundable application fee, before the next FAANS meeting.
10. During the third year of attendance of FAANS meetings, the interested association or organization must seek sponsorship from three (3) FAANS organizations. Each sponsoring organization must write a letter of sponsorship to the FAANS President, to be received prior to the fall meeting.
11. At the spring meeting, after the three (3) years attendance and all other membership requirements have been fulfilled, the FAANS Board of Directors will vote on accepting the interested
association or organization as a “FAANS Member”.
12. In order to maintain active candidacy for membership, the applying association or organization must meet the above requirements.
13. Only FAANS recognized association or organizations, not individual non-public schools, may be FAANS Members. These organizations may not represent themselves in any way as being “Accrediting Members.”
14. Non-public schools that are members of these association or organizations may not represent themselves or advertise as being members of FAANS.